What happens when you pair a health-conscious, vegan mother of two who has her own diet business with a husband and children who sometimes have other ideas? This blog is a chronicle of my journey to eat and live in a life-affirming way!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Raw Macadamian Nut "Sour Cream" Anyone?


Today I have been on a cooking frenzy and made my delicious raw macadamian nut “sour cream.” This dish is SO easy to make and is delicious on top of salads, as a “sour cream or mayonaise” for sandwiches or on sprouted bread, bagels or manna bread.
I am going to put this on top of my salad today and then serve it to the kids with a side of chips this afternoon for a snack (my new favorite are the Split Pea Nut-free, gluten-free ones by Gourmet Solutions). You can also use this as a dip at a cocktail party and I promise your friends will devour it!

1- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamian nuts (soaked for 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed)
1/4 cup oil (I like to use hemp oil or olive oil)
/4-1/2 cup water (add slowly to get to your desired consistency)
Juice from one lemon
Hefty dash of sea salt1/4 chopped onion (to add later)
Mix all of the above ingredients except the onions into a food processor and run until smooth. Add the onions at the very end for garnish and gently mix in.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks great, thanks for recipe and the kind comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is gorgeous and I look forward to seeing what you write each week!

    ReplyDelete