What happens when you pair a health-conscious, vegan mother of two who has her own diet business with a husband and children who sometimes have other ideas? This blog is a chronicle of my journey to eat and live in a life-affirming way!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Kale Avocado Salad with Tahini Dressing


Are you sick of hearing about kale yet? Yesterday I made Cheesy Kale Chips based upon my favorite New York Naturals kale chips and they were so easy to make and turned out mouthwateringly delcious! I gorged on the kale chips yesterday and want a bit of variety.

So, today I made this Kale, Avocado Salad with Tahini Dressing and topped it with the homemade sprouts that I made a few days ago.


So, here are the ingredients I used:



Kale Avocado Salad with Tahini Dressing
4-6 stalks kale
Any other veggies you want- I used radishes, pea sprouts, and sliced cucumbers
1-2 tbspTahini
Olive oil
Avocado
Lemon
Salt
Optional- sprouts or nuts such as walnuts

Slice up your kale into 1/8 inch bite size pieces and place in bowl. Slice half of the avocado on top and mush mixture in the bowl (preferably with hands) to soften kale. Then, healthily drizzle tahini and olive oil on top and add a dash of sea salt. Mix well then top with slices of the other half of the avocado, sprouts and/or nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment