What happens when you pair a health-conscious, vegan mother of two who has her own diet business with a husband and children who sometimes have other ideas? This blog is a chronicle of my journey to eat and live in a life-affirming way!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

PB and Who Needs the J?


One of my favorite foods growing up- ok, I'll admit it, I am still obsessed now- were Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches otherwise known as PB&J's!

Everyone is always asking me for healthy snacks for their children or for pre- or post-workout snacks and my son and I just adore these! We have made a special twist and have used almond butter instead of peanut butter and have sliced the bananas to use as the "bread." So easy to make and kids have fun making AND eating them!

Another option is almond or peanut butter on apple slices or even celery! Yesterday Oliver had the PB's (top picture) and this afternoon after his lacrosse game he had a special treat- Chocolate hazelnut spread (from Le Pain Quotidien) on apple slices.

Nutritious, satisfied his sweet tooth and definitely a better option than other sweet stuff he might have reached for!

No comments:

Post a Comment