What happens when you pair a health-conscious, vegan mother of two who has her own diet business with a husband and children who sometimes have other ideas? This blog is a chronicle of my journey to eat and live in a life-affirming way!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Sandra Lee-ing" Dinner?


Dinner does not always have to be complicated! And, doesn't always have to be 100% homemade to be delicious and nutritious. I have had the flu this week so just not full of my usual energy and vigor. I wanted to make a healthy dinner for the fam but it just needed to be easy. So, I took the "Sandra-Lee approach" and made a Semi-homemade gluten-free superfood packed marimara pasta! Healthy and they gobbled it up!

First step:
I took crunchy sprouts (lentils, peas, adzuki), a few red peppers, and a few mini carrots and chopped them up in my mini-cuisinart.

Step 2: Put sauce (my absolute fave is Paesano's marinara- once you try it you will never go back) in a sauce pan along the pureed mixture above for approximately 5 minutes.

Step 3: Add my "secret" ingredients: green superfood powder and dulse flakes.


And, voila!



I apologize for the messy image but my kids had just gotten from a trip to Rockefeller Center for my daughter's class project so they came in cold, wet and staaaaaarving and devoured it before I could take a picture!



A simple sandwich for me and then off to an early bedtime!


Veggie Sandwich
2 slices Manna bread
Sliced tomato
1/2 sliced avocado
Few pieces mesclun salad and sprouts (from the delicious Union Square trip)
Tahini

Pile it all up and YUUUUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment