What happens when you pair a health-conscious, vegan mother of two who has her own diet business with a husband and children who sometimes have other ideas? This blog is a chronicle of my journey to eat and live in a life-affirming way!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Salad with Ranch Dressing the Raw Vegan Way!

Last night I was so incredibly envious of my husband's delicious salad topped with pistachios and creamy ranch dressing that I decided to take matters into my own hands and make my own!

So, here is what I had for lunch today:

Salad: Locinato kale with shaved carrots, raddicio, and tomatoes topped with raw pistachios and yum- my new Raw Ranch Dressing, which I plan to use later for dips, more salads and maybe even on top of steamed vegetables. I probably made it a bit thick and, if I use it again for dressing, will probably add more coconut water but this consistency is great for dips and sauces.

Raw Ranch Dressing
1 cup macadamian nuts (preferably pre-spoaked, rinsed and drained)
1/2 lemon
1/2-1 clove garlic
Dash of sea salt
Coconut water (approx 1/4-1/8 cup but add slowly to desired consistency)

Mix in a food processor until smooth.

Last minute addition: Chocolatree Italian "Pizza Bread" Crackers!!! Chocolatree Cafe's products, particularly their Chocolate Chip Cookies and their Chocolate Love Cups (ie. a grownup, healthy Reeses Cup), are truly and deeply my newest addiction!

1 comment:

  1. I make ranch with Veganaise, add a little rice milk or water, little bit of lemon and some dill. Mix and put on a salad. I think it taste better then Ranch. <3

    ReplyDelete