What happens when you pair a health-conscious, vegan mother of two who has her own diet business with a husband and children who sometimes have other ideas? This blog is a chronicle of my journey to eat and live in a life-affirming way!

Monday, June 6, 2011

June- somehow I am still sane!

I know that it seems like I may have fallen off the face of the earth...


and, I sure feel that I have been tight-rope walking through life the past few weeks with all that is going on. But, let's just say, this month has been very, very busy!

Got my daughter's trunk for camp packed and shipped.



Went out to our beach club and opened the cabana (poor me!) I truly think that this is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places in the world! Here is a picture of the golf course and stream on the walk up to the beach.


And, here is a pic of the beach from our cabana.

Here is our cabana where you can see our crew takes refuge...


If we look up and smile, will you please leave us alone to read in peace?


The only downer is that the clubhouse is being renovated- well, downer in the short-term because see that tent right there? This is where they are serving "lunch"- for a vegan my only fare was a green salad. That just doesn't cut it for me so I will know to bring my own food next time until they are serving a proper lunch! I won't even tell you what kids had!

Had my daughter's Girl Scout end of year Field Day party- so cute! They did sack races, the egg race, and a relay race. Pure joy!




The next day, I had my son's Sports Day.



Planned our June trip to London where our son is celebrating his birthday and having a school interview. Booked flights, planned itineraries, made  restaurant reservations, booked train tickets out to school... won't bore you with the rest.


Oh, this is a biggie- realized our son, Oliver's, passport, was expired! "It's Easy Passport" service may be great at expediting passports, but there is nothing easy about the amount of paperwork you have to fill out prior to sending it to them or the wait at the post office to have the paperwork approved. UGH!


Planned son's Paintball birthday party. I have heard that everyone leaves smelling like fish and am frightened of having a pack of smelly, paintball covered boys in my car Wednesday!


Packed for North Carolina (trip to drop off daughter at camp) and flew to North Carolina to drop off Caroline at camp.



So, how have I been keeping sane? Well first of all, as you can see by my "frequent" posts the last few weeks, I have made a list of priorities.

Priority #1    Get everything done

Priority #2    Make sure I am working out and eating healthily. This mainly translates to my running since it only takes an hour!

Priority #3    Ditch anything but the essentials (alas, this means no frequent blog posts and I have cancelled some writing assignments due in a few weeks)

Priority #4   Spend time with the children and don't fill up day with little things.

And, what am I eating to keep my energy up and going?

Well, lots of these-


Green Smoothie
(Almond Milk, Sun Warrior Powder, Locinato Kale, Greens Powder, Maca, Frozen Banana)


Mixed Berry Smoothie
(Almond Milk, Frozen Strawberries, Blueberries & Raspberries, Hemp Protein, Coconut Butter)
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
(Almond Milk, Chocolate Sun Warrior Powder, Greens Powder, Frozen Banana)
Here is what I put into my smoothies...

And, of course, my beloved granola :)

Laughing Giraffe Raw Cranberry Orange Cacoa Granola (Yum!)


Earthling Organics Vanilla Rawnola
And, for lunch, plenty of these healthy salads!





As well as a little help from my Brain On E3 Live...


My Innate Probiotics...

Dulse flakes that I have been putting on everything- salads, you name it! And, my Pure Synergy Greens powder that I put in smoothies and sauces...

And, I can't foget my good Vita Synergy multi-vitamin...



And, of course, lots of this...

And, plenty of this...

How do you stay sane when you get busy?

Is your June as busy as mine?

How do you prioritize, and what do you let slide when things get crazy?

1 comment:

  1. I'm shocked by the lack of comments here! This blog is a treasure trove of vegan goodness! Thank you for organizing, collecting and contributing so many amazing, yummy recipes. I look forward to trying many and visiting again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete